Thursday, December 17, 2009

i wonder what this means

Guys. I have to tell you about this dream I had last night.

I realize that dreams are like #4 on the list of Things Not to Tell People About Because They Are Not Interesting to Anyone Besides Yourself. But this was just so ridiculous yet relevant that I just have to tell people about it.

In my dream, it was a month or so before I was supposed to leave for SVA. Then I got this phone call from the school, and this horrible woman told me, "We accepted too many people this year, and you're at the bottom of the list, so you're un-accepted. Too bad."

Then there followed a very extensive, boring and frustrating sequence of me walking around, crying and pleading with this bitch on the phone, while people around me were all loud and I tried to shut them up. Horrifying. Finally I was like, "But my art is so good!" and that bitch LAUGHED at me and said, "Yeah, right. You have a series that's the four seasons with FAIRIES," super meanly. (For some reason that was part of my dream portfolio.)

After I argued with her for what seemed like HOURS, and probably was, I finally, finally woke up and remembered:

I AM ALREADY HERE!

and

PEOPLE LIKE MY ART EVEN WHEN IT IS TOTALLY FAIRY-FILLED AND RIDICULOUS!!

The end. It is always nice to wake up from dreams like that, isn't it? My dreams are usually just weird and personally I find them fascinating and I always mean to start keeping a journal for them but I never have. Maybe I will soon. Ha!

No comments: